Créer une traceVisualiser une traceBibliothèqueCartesCommunauté ForumsToposLes plus belles randosSegmentsOutdoor StoriesOffre PremiumConnexion
VisuGPX
Sélectionner un fichier
.gpx .fit .tcx
Options

Le seuil et le lissage permettent d'optimiser le calcul du denivelé
Entrez votre email et récupérez votre mot de passe dans votre boite
Ou
J'ai déjà un compte
Connexion
Entrez l'email et le mot de passe que vous avez reçu lors de votre inscription
Créer un compte | Mot de passe oublié
Accueil > Tous les forums > VisuGPX en action > Power calculation

Power calculation

Nouveau sujet Voir tous les sujets Chercher Archives
F
feet_first
[4 posts] - Le 23/10/2021 17:41

Hello admin,

Is the power calculation a Premium feature?

Thanks,
Feet_first

F
feet_first
[4 posts] - Le 24/10/2021 05:11

Thank you for your prompt response. For some reason some GPXs do show power calculation and some others don't. For example in My tracks you can see that "L3" does show power calculation but "Bow River Meander" doesn't. What's wrong?

Admin
[6245 posts] - Le 24/10/2021 09:18

Because of the activity ! Power is calculated only on road bike and running in my memory.

F
feet_first
[4 posts] - Le 25/10/2021 17:08

Hi Admin,

Thank you Admin. I am sorry but I do not understand your response. Is there a way to edit the GPX so that power calculation is displayed? Else, can you suggest what do I need to do to properly create my next GPX.

Thanks again,
Feet_first

Admin
[6245 posts] - Le 25/10/2021 18:26

The power is displayed if the file activity is horodated AND if you define the activity as road bike, running or walking when you save it. Not as Gravel bike for example.

Angstrom
[1607 posts] - Le 25/10/2021 19:25

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you want to do either. I hope the following clarifies a bit.

The idea behind this "feature" is that power calculation only makes sense for GPX files generated by recording "real" outdoor activities, not files that are created with EdiGPX or any other way. Additionally, the algorithms have only been developed for a subset of activities (road bike, hiking, running).
However, if you do want to display power values for GPX files that you create via EditGPX (or any other means, actually), you can cheat and "hack" the file by "artificially" adding timestamps. This is a feature of EditGPX . It's possible to define start and end time, start time and average speed, or average speed and end-time.

When you're done and you have set the proper activity, your file should display power values.

F
feet_first
[4 posts] - Le 25/10/2021 22:04

Thank you Admin/Angstrom. Got it, this helps.

Feet_first

Angstrom
[1607 posts] - Le 25/10/2021 23:09

I don't know if you noticed, but VisuGPX provides another means of assessing the difficulty of a GPX track, whether recorded or plotted with EditGPX without timestamps: the IPB Index.
This index too only works for bike, running and hiking.
It is visible after scrolling down on the track's page.

Connectez-vous pour poster
Pour soutenir VisuGPX, faites le bon choix
En cliquant sur "accepter" vous autorisez l'utilisation de cookies à usage technique nécessaires au bon fonctionnement du site, ainsi que l'utilisation d'autres cookies (éventuellement tiers) à des fins statistiques ou de personnalisation des annonces pour vous proposer des services et des offres adaptées à vos centres d'interêt.

Vous pouvez à tout moment modifier ce choix ou obtenir des informations sur ces cookies sur la page des conditions générales d'utilisation du service :
REFUSER
ACCEPTER